Food!!:) Just a sample of what our meals consisted of and this was on the plane!! I only gained 3 lbs. while the choir average is 5. Let's just put it this way- No one came home malnourished.:):):)
Venues!!! From arenas to outdoor stages to equisite theaters, we performed in them all. The performances were exciting and filled with spirit. My roommate, Julie Edgin came to the Ohio performance. We sang with all our hearts and the audience recieved and we "understood one another... and were edified and we rejoiced together." It was an unforgettable experience and most definately the most fun way to do missionary work!!:)
Church History in the making!!! We dedicated a monument to the logging pioneers that were sent to Black River Falls, Wisconsin to float lumber down the Mississippi to build the Nauvoo house and temple. Very memorable!!
Lake Michigan on a bad hair day:)
At the Old Mill in Minneapolis- Near Gold Medal flour mill.
Just playing around at the hotel right when the choir presidency is walking by... oops.
Just to show you who our venues had up next on the docket.
Fun in the plane.
Candyland!!! Need I say more:)
Venues!!! From arenas to outdoor stages to equisite theaters, we performed in them all. The performances were exciting and filled with spirit. My roommate, Julie Edgin came to the Ohio performance. We sang with all our hearts and the audience recieved and we "understood one another... and were edified and we rejoiced together." It was an unforgettable experience and most definately the most fun way to do missionary work!!:)
Church History in the making!!! We dedicated a monument to the logging pioneers that were sent to Black River Falls, Wisconsin to float lumber down the Mississippi to build the Nauvoo house and temple. Very memorable!!
Missionary moments!! Garfield from Minnesota up top wanted to know all about the Mormons. We told him as much as we could and then left him with a card. You never know who the Lord puts in your path- even on a morning walk around the city. It felt just like the mission again as we talked to all in sight on the street, in trains, and rest stops. It was a dream!!! Mo-Tab had their own pass-along cards made which made it even easier and more fun to do missionary work. My favorite experience was with a student from Peru doing an internship in international business I met up at the consierge lounge at the Marriott (my roommate had some reward points which really came in handy and was the catalyst for more missionary work). We became good friends and I sought her out every time I went up. She ended up coming to our concert and was really touched. She said she is very interested in keeping in touch to continue our friendship and learn more. It doesn't get much better than this.:)
Behind the scenes!! The most interested changing room behind the stage was the Timberwolves locker room. I should have stood up when they asked choir members if they had any connections to Minneapolis.
And what is choir tour without bunches of fun!!!
A river in the middle of the city!Lake Michigan on a bad hair day:)
At the Old Mill in Minneapolis- Near Gold Medal flour mill.
Just playing around at the hotel right when the choir presidency is walking by... oops.
Just to show you who our venues had up next on the docket.
Fun in the plane.
Candyland!!! Need I say more:)
Doin' a little dance!
There are no words or pictures that can sum up what I experienced that last ten days, but it was a great experience never to be forgotten!!! I am one lucky gal!!:)
Thanks for sharing your adventures! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! Looks like a fabulous experience! Love the pics and the stories. Thanks for sharing it with us.
ReplyDelete